20 Years of Innovation in Europe
Xerox Research Centre Europe was created 20 years ago to conduct breakthrough research that would support Xerox in transitioning to a services company.Today over half of Xerox’s revenue comes from a broad range of services including managed print, healthcare,transportation, customer care, information technology and government.
The centre is celebrated these two decades of innovation in different ways throughout the year of 2013. Scientists wrote a series of articles that express their passion on a research topic. We hosted distinguished speakers who presented their research in open house seminars. We produced a book and invited guests in October to debate the future of IT research, show our thought leadership in inspiring presentations and demonstrate the impact of our results in the technology demo fair. Links to all of this material is below
13 XRCE anniversary articles.These pieces authored by our researchers are about movements or trend, opinion pieces or tributes. These articles were compiled and included in the 20th anniversary book created for the event.
The20th anniversary book includes the anniversary event, the series of researcher articles, a print version of the XRCE interactive timeline, an overview of past and current activities and selected patents and publications.
Download XRCE_20th_anniversary_book_interactive.pdf (3.5 MB) format Download XRCE_20th_anniversary_book_for_ePub.hf.pn.sgm.cptn.fn.toc.epub (94.6 kB) format
Distinguished speaker series: video recordings of the distinguished speaker presentations by international thought leaders Andrew Ng, David Blei, Jean Ponce, Navi Radjou and Marco Susani.
A series of four emerging research trend presentations were presented at the event on October 4th and made available on YouTube.
- Designing the future workplace. Jacki O'Neill
- From culture to culture; the next frontier in a volatile digital world. Jean-Pierre Chanod
- Self-driving cars: on the eve of a technological revolution. Boris Chidlovskii
- Towards social mass communication through language technology. James Henderson
Interactive demos how innovation is being used in transportation, customer care, document services and other areas.
Agenda of the anniversary event at XRCE October 4th, 2013
More like this
- Xerox Research Centre Europe 20th anniversary book
- XRCE 20th anniversary distinguished speaker series: Navi Radjou, September 16th 11am.
- XRCE 20th anniversary distinguished speaker series: Jean Ponce, Professor, Director Département d'Informatique de Ecole Normale Supérieure , Paris, France
- Distinguished seminar series
- XRCE 20th anniversary distinguished speaker series: David Blei, October 30th 11.00am