Indoor 3D reconstruction with an Hololens headset
The mission of NAVER LABS Europe is to advance the state-of-the-art in Ambient Intelligence including autonomous vehicles, artificial intelligence, 3D mapping, augmented reality and robotics while paving the way for these innovations into NAVER products and services.
The edge computing group focuses on bringing ambient intelligence to the edge to improve the user experience while respecting their privacy. Devices such as mobile phone or SoC platforms are more and more powerful which allow the processing of the data close to where they’re generated.
The goal of this internship is to design and develop an Augmented reality application running on a AR Headset (i.e. Hololens) to perform realtime 3D reconstruction of the environment with an active feedback.
The internship will be divided into several phases in collaboration with the other team members:
- Evaluation of the state of the art of augmented reality and 3D reconstruction algorithms.
- Design a prototype, design experiments and collect data
- Model training and performance evaluation.
- Optimizations to have a real time and nice user experience.
Requirements and competencies expected:
- Master Students in Computer Science.
- Development skills: C/C++/C#, Java, python, with some experience of mobile platforms.
- Knowledge in computer vision and machine learning techniques is a plus
- Highly motivated.
During her/his internship the candidate will acquire a significant knowledge in advanced computer vision and machine learning techniques while working closely with researchers and engineers. Additionally, the candidate will become knowledgeable of Agile developments methodologies (eg: SCRUM, Continuous Integration)