Multimodal trip planning in large scale networks
When speaking of multimodality, many studies refer to interweaving public transit only with walking[Bast et al. 2014]. At NAVER LABS, we consider that sequences of modes including many other possibilities are very relevant in the context of smart cities (bike sharing, car sharing, taxis, car pooling, etc.).
NAVER LABS Europe is pursuing research to enhance the multimodal experience of NAVER Map users, designing and improving models and algorithms for multimodal trip planning. The aim of this internship is to join the Machine Learning and Optimization team and work on improving the performances of the existing planner in large networks.
A prototype will be implemented in rust.
- 2nd year of Master degree or final year of Engineering School with a major in operational research or computer science
- Graph theory and algorithms
- Basic programming skills with working knowledge of at least one programming language
- Autonomous, motivated by innovation and research
- Working knowledge of rust
- [Bast et al. 2014] Hannah Bast, Daniel Delling, Andrew V. Goldberg, Mathias Muller-Hannemann, Thomas Pajor, Peter Sanders, Dorothea Wagner, and Renato F. Werneck. Route planning in transportation networks. Technical Report MSR-TR-2014-4, Microsoft Research, January 2014.
Please send a resume and the latest transcript of your grades to both Vassilissa.Lehoux@naverlabs.com and Darko.Drakulic@naverlabs.com.
About NAVER LABS
NAVER LABS is an ambient intelligence company owned by NAVER Corporation, Korea’s leading internet company. NAVER operates the nation’s top search portal “NAVER,” and other innovative services in the global market including mobile messenger LINE, video messenger SNOW and community app BAND. It has annual revenue of more than 3 billion euros.
NAVER LABS is a world class team of self-motivated and highly engaged researchers, engineers and interface designers collaborating together to create next generation ambient intelligence technology and services that are rich with the organic understanding they have of users, their contexts and situations.
Since 2013 the LABS have led NAVER’s innovation in technology through products such as the AI-based translation app ‘Papago’, the omni-tasking web browser ‘Whale’, the virtual AI assistant ‘WAVE’, AMBIDEX, the biologically-inspired robotic arm, in-vehicle information entertainment system ‘AWAY’ and AROUND, the 3D indoor mapping robot.
We look for people who like to take on new challenges, who collaborate beyond team boundaries and who believe in user value. We’re working toward creating a better world where people can focus on what’s important in life rather than having to spend time constantly learning new tools.