UX Designer (multiple positions)
If you'd like to join an exciting international research environment take a look at the positions below and apply today!
The mission of NAVER LABS Europe is to advance the state-of-the-art in Ambient Intelligence technology including autonomous vehicles, artificial intelligence, 3D mapping, augmented reality and robotics while paving the way for these innovations into NAVER products and services. To achieve that NLE is expanding its current team of ethnographers to strengthen its user centred focus. To this aim we are looking for UX researchers and interaction designers to support project teams in a variety of domains, including (but not limited to) Augmented Reality and Assisted Mobility to envision how people will get an enhanced experience through it and bring that vision to life. As such you will need to both conduct primary research and turn the findings into concepts, translating them down when appropriate to the mock-up and prototype phase.
The role will involve the following responsibilities:
- Defining a UX vision for the service line in collaboration with AI, ethnographic, user and business development experts, involving local and remote stakeholders at the Korean sister lab as appropriate.
- Work with Product managers, Engineers and other UX researchers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Collaborating to the execution of the prioritized projects, from turning the selected concepts into user flows and wireframes to building user interface mockups and prototypes.
The successful candidate should demonstrate:
- Proven UX skills (user research, vision, concept and UI design).
- Proven interdisciplinary skills, preferably demonstrated through their interaction with stakeholders from multiple backgrounds (AI, user and business development experts, agile software development) in an international environment. Previous experience with Korean culture would be a plus.
- Master degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of work experience.
- Experience with Ambient Intelligence applications.
- Experience collaborating with ethnographers in conducting semi-structured interviews, contextual field visits, usability studies.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills.
- Problem solving attitude.
- Mastering UX tools, such as Adobe XD, UX Pin, InVision, Principle, Sketchapp, Invision, or similar.
- Knowledge of design and development for mobile platforms - iOS, Android – and experience in working in cross-functional teams with SW developers, following Agile and Scrum processes.
- Ph.D. in a related field or equivalent practical experience
- Familiarity with the future capabilities of mobile platforms – iOS and Android – and other mainstream platforms, with reference to these protocols: AR (Augmented Reality, Apple ARKit, Microsoft Hololens, Google ARCore, etc), AI (Machine Learning and agent interaction, Apple Siri, Google Assistant, Alexa, Cortana, Watson, etc), and IOT (Google Cloud IOT, Apple HomeKit, AWS IOT, etc)
- Experience in working in an R&D environment, and in leading design-driven innovation processes.
About NAVER LABS
NAVER LABS is an ambient intelligence company owned by NAVER Corporation, Korea’s leading internet company. NAVER operates the nation’s top search portal “NAVER,” and other innovative services in the global market including mobile messenger LINE, video messenger SNOW and community app BAND. It has annual revenue of more than 3 billion euros.
NAVER LABS is a world class team of self-motivated and highly engaged researchers, engineers and interface designers collaborating together to create next generation ambient intelligence technology and services that are rich with the organic understanding they have of users, their contexts and situations.
Since 2013 the LABS have led NAVER’s innovation in technology through products such as the AI-based translation app ‘Papago’, the omni-tasking web browser ‘Whale’, the virtual AI assistant ‘WAVE’, AMBIDEX, the biologically-inspired robotic arm, in-vehicle information entertainment system ‘AWAY’ and AROUND, the 3D indoor mapping robot.
We look for people who like to take on new challenges, who collaborate beyond team boundaries and who believe in user value. We’re working toward creating a better world where people can focus on what’s important in life rather than having to spend time constantly learning new tools.
Join us and ‘Never stop dreaming…’
- Computer Vision Scientist (multiple positions)
- Deep Learning for Vision on Embedded Systems Research Engineer
- Deep Learning on Mobile Phone Research Engineer
- DevOps Engineer
- Embedded Systems Research Engineer
- Natural Language Processing Research Engineer
- Natural Language Processing Researcher
- Researcher in Deep Learning and Reinforcement Learning (multiple positions)
- UX Designer (multiple positions)