- artificial intelligence
- data analytics
- machine learning
- natural language processing
Senior research scientist and Group Lead of the Natural Language Processing group. We develop data-driven solutions around textual documents and help humans interact with them.
My own background is in theoretical computer science & algorithmics, with applications to genetic and natural language sequences. In addition to my research interest in statistical and combinatorial methods for analysing text, I like applying them to explore data-sets and see what they tell us about the world.
- Site-leader of the H2020 project SMOOTH (GDPR compliance for micro-enterprises)
- Member of the steering committee of ICGI (Grammatical Inference)
- I coordinate and teach at the NLP course of CentraleSupelec (last edition here)
I joined the centre (at what was at the time Xerox Research) in 2011. My PhD is from the INRIA centre in Rennes, France, and before that I was at FaMAF, (National University of Córdoba, Argentina). I grew up in Germany and spent some years in Brazil.
Some links about me and my work:
- New York Times, mentioning our work on onscreen roles and gender
- Best thesis Award (2nd place ex-aequo) by the French Association of Artificial Intelligence (2012)
- My academic genealogy on the Mathematics Genealogy Project
Publications: Google Scholar