- artificial intelligence
- data analytics
- machine learning
- natural language processing
Senior research scientist and Group Lead of the Natural Language Processing group. We teach computers to understand and generate natural language.
My own background is in theoretical computer science & algorithmics, with applications to genetic and natural language sequences. In addition to my research interest in statistical and combinatorial methods for analysing text, I like applying them to explore data-sets and see what they tell us about the world.
I joined the centre (at what was at the time Xerox Research) in 2011. My PhD is from the INRIA centre in Rennes, France, and before that I was at FaMAF, (National University of Córdoba, Argentina). I grew up in Germany and spent some years in Brazil. You can find my academic genealogy on the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Site-leader of the H2020 project SMOOTH (GDPR compliance for micro-enterprises)
- Member of the steering committee of ICGI (Grammatical Inference)
- I coordinate and teach a NLP module at CentraleSupelec (last edition here)
- Jan'19 My TEDx (Córdoba) talk around the "real dangers of AI" was uploaded
- Dec'18 We are organizing a workshop at ACL: Deep Learning and Formal Languages: Building Bridges
Publications: Google Scholar