Today’s massive amount of heterogeneous data collections create some challenges when it comes to extract some valuable information out of it.
In many of the applications, where this information will support decisions with a strategic and/or political dimension, visual analytics approaches, which offer the possibility to understand a situation and let humans in control of the decision are often more adapted than automated decision support approaches.
We have developed some competencies in applying emerging visualizations techniques to data analytics.
In particular, we propose advanced use of web-based geographical information systems (GIS) for analyzing spatiotemporal dimensions of data.
We also use web-based 3D representation and tangible user interfaces for building more immersive analytics environment.
More like this
- 2013/017 - City Dashboard: A framework for spatiotemporal analytics of transportation data
- Seminar: Toward Big Data Analytics, Anton Heijs. CTO & Founder Treparel, June 27 11am.
- 2009/042 - Visalix: A Web Application for Visual Data Analysis and Clustering
- Xerox report “Big Data in Western Europe Today”
- Making Information and Data Meaningful