- machine learning
- deep learning
- data analytics
- data and process modeling
- artificial intelligence
Principal Scientist in Machine Learning for Services. PhD in Computer Science from Kiev State University, Ukraine (1990). Joined in 1996. Project manager, Technical Advisory Panel Chair.
- 1996-2000 Constraint Based Knowledge Brokers system on data integration from heterogeneous corporate and Web resources. We developed techniques for the query mapping and translation, the mechanism of semantic cache for the efficient query processing, and the wrapper generation for Web resources.
- 1999-2003, Iwrap system on the induction of Web wrappers. The Iwrap combined methods of grammatical inference with the active learning, it offers a GUI-based interface for inferring wrapper instances from a small number of annotations. The wrapper designer was a core component of the AskOnce content integration platform, commercialized by Xerox in 2000 and acquired by Documentum in 2004. The analysis of commercial deployment of AskOnce wrappers during the 2003-2005 period has been published in ACM SIGMOD'2006.
- 1999-2002: the Knowledge Pump personalized recommendation system, commercialized in 2003.
- 2002-2004: the Web Information Discovery system for the automatic discovery of the Hidden Web resources.
- 2007-2009: Atash project on the semantic annotation of layout-oriented documents and their conversion to XML.
- 2009-2013: Fragrances project on dynamics analysis and predictive models for social media sharing.
- 2012-now: the Xerox Mobility Analytics Platform
- 2014-now: the Domain Adaptation and Transfer Learning Project
- Other research projects I contributed to include the schema induction for XML collections and the Intelligent Adviser for authoring XML documents.
EU and Government projects: Fragrances, Atash, SHAMAN
All publications since 1997 are in the publication database.