- computer vision
- machine learning
- deep learning
- artificial intelligence
I am a senior research scientist in the Computer Vision group. My research focuses on applying machine learning to several computer vision tasks. I am particularly interested in getting a semantic and global understanding of visual scenes. I have recently worked on instance-level, cross-modal, and semantic visual search. I am also interested in representing the structure and geometry of object categories, and in reasoning at the scene-level with images and text.
- Speaking at the Statlearn 2019 workshop, Grenoble, 4-5 April, 2019
- I am co-organizing the FFSS-USAD workshop @ CVPR 2019 (Understanding Subjective Attributes of Data: Focus on Fashion and Subjective Search)
- I will serve as Area Chair for ICCV19
- Speaking on 'Visual Search' in AI and Vision session at SophIA Summit, Cote d/Azur, 7-9 November, 2018
- Paper accepted at ECCV18: Semi-Convolutional Operators for Instance Segmentation
- Our work on Capturing the Geometry of Object Categories from Video Supervision has been accepted to TPAMI
- CVPR 18 outstanding reviewer award
- I will talk about visual search at the PRAIRIE Artificial Intelligence summer school (PAISS 2018)
- Paper accepted at CVPR18: Self-supervised Learning of Geometrically Stable Features Through Probabilistic Introspection (spotlight)
- Paper accepted at ICCV17: Learning 3D Object Categories by Looking Around Them (oral)
- CVPR 17 outstanding reviewer award
- 2 papers accepted at CVPR17:
- ECCV 16 outstanding reviewer award
- Paper accepted at ECCV16: Deep Image Retrieval: Learning global representations for image search.
- Publications since I joined the center are available here: Publications
- Full list available on DBLP or Google Scholar.
- Feb 2019 - Lecturer at the MVA Master (master M2 'Mathématiques, Vision, Apprentissage', ENS de Cachan, as part of the course 'Deep Learning in Practice')
- 2018/2019 - Comprendre des données visuelles à grande échelle (Cours ENSIMAG, Grenoble, France - 5MMDVGE7 - Filière MMIS)
- July 2018 - Lecturer at the PRAIRIE Artificial Intelligence summer school (PAISS 2018, talk about Visual Search)
- 2017/2018 - Comprendre des données visuelles à grande échelle (Cours ENSIMAG, Grenoble, France - 5MMDVGE7 - Filière MMIS)
- 2016/2017 - Comprendre des données visuelles à grande échelle (Cours ENSIMAG, Grenoble, France - 5MMDVGE7 - Filière MMIS)
Current and past collaborations
- Joint supervision of David Novotny during his PhD with Andrea Vedaldi (2015-2018).
- Andrew Zisserman and Andrea Vedaldi, from the University of Oxford, around object recognition (UAC, 2011-2014),
- Svetlana Lazebnik, from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UAC, 2013-2016)
- Sabine Süsstrunk, from EPFL, around scene understanding using visible and near-infrared data (UAC, then Open Innovation project, 2010 to 2013)
I obtained a M.Sc. in Image, Vision and Robotics from UJF/INP, Grenoble, France, in 2005. From 2005 to 2008, I worked as a doctoral candidate in the LEAR group, at INRIA Grenoble. During the summer 2007, I did an internship at the JRL/AIST laboratory in Tsukuba, Japan. I obtained my Ph.D. in 2008, from INP Grenoble. From 2008 to 2010, I worked as a post-doc at TU Darmstadt, Germany. I joined what has now become NAVER LABS Europe in 2010.