- machine learning
- computer vision
- artificial intelligence
I am Director of Science at NAVER LABS Europe in Grenoble, France.
My role involves the scientific coordination of all our research and engineering activities around Ambient Intelligence (AmI) including machine learning & optimization, computer vision, natural language processing, information retrieval, data & process modeling, edge computing, geospatial data, ethnography & UX.
I have been with NAVER LABS since Aug 2017. From July 2016 to July 2017, I was Deputy Director of the Analytics Lab of Xerox Research in Grenoble, France. From May 2015 to June 2016, I was the Director of the Facebook AI Research (FAIR) Lab in Paris. From 2005 to 2015, I was with the Computer Vision group of Xerox Research in Grenoble, France, first as a Research Scientist then as Principal Scientist and Manager. From 2000 to 2001, I was a Research Engineer with Panasonic in Santa Barbara, CA, working on speech and speaker recognition. I received my Engineering degree from Telecom ParisTech in 2000 and my PhD in Computer Science from EPFL in 2004.
My research has found applications in several business verticals including Business Process Outsourcing (BPO), Transportation, Retail or Communication and Marketing. It also won several awards in public competitions such as PASCAL VOC, ImageNet and ImageCLef.
The research topics I am currently most passionate about include representation learning, lifelong learning and machine reasoning.
- I will be industrial co-chair for CVPR 2019.
- An article from Les Echos journalist Benoit Georges on the PAISS summer school and NAVER LABS.
- Our IJCV special issue on "Synthetic visual data for computer vision" is out. Our editorial entitled "The Reasonable Effectiveness of Synthetic Visual Data" can be found here. Together with Adrien Gaidon (TRI) and Antonio López (CVC).
- INRIA and NAVER LABS Europe successfully co-organised PAISS, the first PRAIRIE Artificial Intelligence Summer School. It took place the week of July 2-6 in Grenoble, France.
- I am an industrial co-chair for ECCV 2018. Together with Helmut Grabner (Logitech) and Yunchao Gong (Snap Inc).
- The Xerox Research Centre Europe (XRCE) became Naver Labs Europe (NLE)!
- Together with Adrien Gaidon (TRI) and Antonio López (CVC), we are co-organizing a special IJCV issue on Synthetic Visual Data for Computer Vision.
- I will be industry co-chair for ICCV 2017 in Venice, Italy.
- New TPAMI (with Naila Murray, Hervé Jégou and Andrew Zisserman) on "Interferences in match kernels". Paper on ieeexplore.
- I gave an invited tutorial on "Output embedding for large-scale computer vision" at ECCV 2016: (slides 6.66MB)
- 1 paper at ECCV (with Matthijs Douze and Hervé Jégou) on very large-scale approximate search with "Polysemous codes". Paper on arXiv