The primary areas of research at NAVER LABS Europe are computer vision, natural language processing and machine learning. The technical expertise of the centre is enriched with the knowledge gathered from its ethnographers who develop a deep understanding of how people interact with technology to combine both human and machine elements.
Alongside its research and development the centre runs a global partner program where we take part in European Union and national R&D projects. NAVER LABS Europe is in Grenoble, France.
Some of the big cross-disciplinary challenges we address include:
- representation learning: turning all data entities (text, images, videos, web pages, emails, …) into semantically-rich representations to that can be efficiently processed, mined and related to each other.
- interactive learning: including the human in the learning loop to benefit from the complementary capabilities of humans and machines
- lifelong learning: exploring how to learn and manage prediction systems, policies or processes in a sustainable manner, i.e. in a manner that makes maximum reuse of previous experiences.
- machine reasoning: connecting existing pieces of knowledge to create new knowledge, e.g. being able to answer complex questions that require multiple supporting facts.
- decision making: learning how to make actionable decisions in uncertainty, especially in ever-changing environments
- agility: we live in an ever-changing world which means the technology we use must evolve in synergy with the people and business processes that touch it.
- user centric: an important challenge in any technology is to the adoption by people. Only then does science become innovation. Our solutions are grounded in a deep understanding of how people work and how technology can help them every day.
Our scientists collaborate with national and international partners, academics and customers to solve problems and invent technology that will have impact in the real world.
Discover how our research is being recognized around the world.
LABS Korean website (content also in English)